Friday, April 29, 2011

Into the good stuff :)

May 1 will mark 1 year since I started pre-production, which is everything starting from script writing, storyboards, voice actor recording, animatic, building sets and rigging characters. Getting all this done in pre-production (I have learnt (the hard way)) makes for an easier time of it when it comes to actual production.

Since jan 1 I've been working as fast as possible to get the 740-ish shots done that I have scripted. Starting with the easiest shots, all the dialog bits and landscape shots that aren't as animation intensive as the action sequences, which is why the film stands at just over 35 mins now, and that's just in little over 111 days of production now... 35 mins of shots that are done, edited, fixed and finalized with no outstanding screwups or any further shots to add at the moment. As I go along, I try to stick to the storyboard as close as possible, especially now that I'm into some of the fight scenes (as seen above ;)

Getting these guys to clobber each other with sticks is lots of fun... slow fun, but nevertheless... and now that I've spent the last 4 months or so getting my animation skills back up to speed, getting the right timing, posing, and interactions with the characters is a lot easier than I thought it would be. Now I'm not going to post any clips of these fight scenes for a while yet, you'll just have to wait on that one a bit ;) ...but I'm really happy with the way these are turning out ;)

4 comments:

Reyori said...

Glad things are going good for you, now if only you had some cookies...

Armybert said...

hey there, i found you from mdot's blog

i have a new blog to look at!

hp said...

Hey David, I'm liking the progress.

Side note, I'm not seeing Archon Defender on netflix. Did you make an offer or anything?

nodelete said...

I don't have it up on netflix yet... in fact I haven't even had time to look at that yet, however I will be getting some promotional stuff together as I get closer to the release of "Origin: A Call to Minds" and one of those things will be the release of the 2010 'directors cut' ;) version of Archon...