Friday, November 26, 2010

Sketch Method coolness

The multipass 'sketch method' I've been using lately is particularly good for adding detail and blurring the sharp edges you get in 3D modeling when two objects meet. For example, a city at night (from far far above) ... click through to the better res version...

Now that I know how to do a proper city from the air, I might have to go back and re-do certain shots from Archon that I was never 100% happy with...

It works great for grass and plants too:

The standard render out of 3D max with one pass
You'd spend a lot of time getting this to look any
better just by adding detail and geometry...

5 passes, with noise modifier synced to the frame rate.
Yup, I'm happy with this :)

And a view in 3D, with my 'stand in' human proxy model for scale.

4 comments:

Reyori said...

tis lookin great there ^_^

Drainage64 said...

Wow that grass looks worlds better with the sketch stuff put on it 0____o

I wish I could try this out, but I don't even know where to start with this method on c4d, maybe I can find someone who's already figured it out...or I'll just play around and see what I get ^___^

It looks very nice, when do you think the film is going to be finished?

nodelete said...

I'm still in the middle of creating the environments / sets... should start animating around January... then the animation will hopefully take less than a year to do... depends how the action sequences go..

Drainage64 said...

Well good luck man, Can't wait to see what you've been toiling away at for all this time ^____^