Friday, July 16, 2010

MIFF 2010 Award - Best Animation


Archon Defender has been awarded the ...award... for best animation at the Mississauga Independent Film Festival 2010:

As you can see, it's certainly the biggest award in the film industry. Maybe not the most famous, Maybe not the most prestigous, but certainly the biggest. I expect that they will have a lot more of these to hand out in the coming years as film studios move to all digital projection, and the analog film projector goes the way of other 'obsolete' technology. Kinda a shame in a way, the projectors I saw when I was up poking around in the Revue Cinema for my screening a while back were from the 1940's How much of our tech made these days will still be working 70 years from now? Let alone 5 years. There's something to be said for 'they don't build em like that anymore. Of course, digital technology is what made it possible for me to get this award.

I was going to gripe about how disposable our digital technology is.. but that's also a good thing in a way, used computers are what I've always used to make my films. And it's getting about time to go visit the off lease store and pick up a couple dual cores or maybe a quad core to render the next film on...

1 comment:

Drainage64 said...

Congratulations! That's the biggest trophy I ever saw too! XD