Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Voiceover recording Tips and Tricks

I'm in the middle of syncing up all the voiceovers (and I still have a few characters to record, so if you're still interested in doing voiceovers, let me know...)

Some tricks I've learned from doing these voiceovers:
  1. More than 5 takes is overkill
  2. The first or second take will usually be the best
  3. I need to make a mic stand
  4. I also need to make a 'P' pop shield out of pantyhose
  5. I don't wear pantyhose anymore, so this is problematic :o
  6. Syncing my voice actors up to the computer voices is just as easy as I thought it was going to be. And far less labor intensive than sound effects editing was
  7. Some of the computer voices don't actually come off that badly
  8. Oops I forgot to record a couple of lines. So far, only a couple and those actors are local so it's easy to re-record the missing lines.
  9. Make sure you have your script finalized and that you didn't ad-lib any lines into the final cut that you might miss (see step 8...)
  10. Noise reduction, Lowpass filter, and Time Stretch are your friends.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I need a "P" pop shield for every day use, just because I'm really that strange.