Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Sound FX progress ... Voiceover progress

Day 1049 (shy of 3 years)

The sound effects editing is coming along quite nicely. I have 41 mins 21 secs done out of the running length (minus credits) 1 hour 4 mins and 43 secs. This is into day 48 of sound fx. Now for comparison, it took me 572 days of 3D animating and compositing to get 41 mins done. (646 days if you count the time I spent in initial previs and script writing from the day that I got the idea for Archon Defender)

I knew the sound fx would take a lot less time than the rendering. Plus it's important to do it all at once, so you that all the sounds will be consistent over the course of the hour long film.

The only thing left after the sound fx ( and one more bit of music for the last 5 minutes..) is the voiceovers. These will be even "easier" to sync up, and I almost have all the voiceovers recorded.

Voice Actors

I've received an overwhelming response to the casting call. A lot of you who I initially contacted have sent back your recordings... And did a totally awesome job of it. Those of you who actually came to my "studio" to record: I don't know how you escaped, but rest assured I will find you. You can run, but you can't hide >:D

There's a few of you who expressed interest, and I still have parts that need recording... ...I will be getting back to you in the next couple of weeks as soon as I get around to it, being a one man operation and all ;D

A couple (three, in fact) of you have yet to send back your parts. You will be hounded mercilessly by me in the weeks to come, so to spare yourselves some misery, you are cordially invited to get your recordings done and to me as soon as you can manage it.

Otherwise I record myself for those parts, and I would hate to have to inflict THAT on anyone >:P

No comments: