Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Getting Progress...Progressing


Ah the exciting world of video editing! From the above image, the novice or untrained eye might not get too excited. Naturally, not too much going on here. No explosions, nobody dying in a dramatic fashion. No cliffhanger or hot individual of whatever gender you prefer to get the blood boiling.

However, today marks the first inaugural annual anniversary of the filming being completely done, that means all reworks (at least the ones I plan to tackle now) and all shots. The film is done. The sound isn't, but that's another matter. All the shots are in and I've improved the continuity to the point where I'm satisfied with this cut (which I call "interim master cut 002")

Three squirrels gave their lives, bravely, to reach this monumentous point. :(

The response to my recent Casting Call for Voice Actors has been exceptional, my thanks to those who have already done thier voiceovers, and everyone who has contacted me who I havent yet got back to, I will be contacting you in the near future. Needless to say, I've been super busy on this recently, and I couldn't be happier ;D Special thanks to Cimmerian and Sean Kennedy of Rant Radio for putting out the word for actors on the latest installment of NewsReal.

So the film is getting done, the easy part is done (filming), the even easier part (audio and voiceovers) is on the go. Now for the hard part. What next... So I have a full length animated film. Time to hit the festivals. Thing is, some festivals haven't heard that the future has arrived and are still stuck in old modes of thinking. The future is here, it's online, and filmmakers like M. Dot Strange and Four Eyed Monsters have shown the way. I've got a bit of reading to do in the next few months.

No comments: