Wednesday, December 10, 2008

bored@work

I found myself bored at work (heh suprise.. call center) so I broke out the color pencils:


A panorama of Bridgeland, the setting for my next film. Yup gotta always be thinking ahead, (if not writing the whole script ahead) So as I get closer to being done Archon Defender, I'm coming up with ideas for the next project, which will be set in the same 'world' as Archon Defender, but under much different circumstances.


I also colored in the fuchu japan panorama. I think this kind of modern rural/suburban Japanese style will be highly influential for my next film. Mmm... you can almost smell the okonomiyaki cooking....

Oops: all my sketches seem to slant away towards the top right corner. That's what you get for slouching and drawing at an angle. Good thing for the 'corner pin' distortion in after effects :P


In archon defender news, I'm at 55:55 (just over actually, but 55:55 is resonant with 11:11 if you're into the whole 11:11 thing) and I'm finally working on the exciting-and-complicated-to-render-thanks-to-reflective-floor final scene:


Am I allowed to otaku geek out about my own film? Sure why not: I knew Archon Defender was going to be good when I started it and (...thanks to doing the characters in 3d instead of drawing 2D like I was going to originally...) it's gotten progressivley better as I've gone on. That's the problem with doing a long film project by yourself, as you get better and your skills improve, there's a difference between the start of the film and the end. Hopefully it's not as noticable with Archon Defender, unlike my first film Rocketmen vs. Robots, But if I hadn't made this film it would be f**** awesome, and it's still f**** awesome even if I did make it. Which I did. Or am... hmm :|

No comments: