Wednesday, August 27, 2008

More busy...

It's on to the next sequence for now, the second set of shots in my ground battle scene, and time to make a new set. Here's what it looks like after 2 days of modeling:


This set has to be a wide open area where I can show off a neat explosion effect that I thought up ;D And of course the area has to be surrounded by buildings, which have to be, um... built. (thus the name) You can't just recycle old buildings all the time or ppl will say you super-cheated so it's going to be another couple of days before this set is ready for animating.

The world is flat... don't fall off the edge! :O

Here's what it looks like from above

There goes the neighbourhood...

I like this view so much I might just have to add it in as a shot...

The level of detail for this battle sequence is slowing down production, but in the end it's well worth it because it will eventually make for a much better film. This is another benefit of working outside of the money/budget 'industry' with all it's time constraints and 'business needs' etc. My film is going to look f****** awesome (at least to me ;) and be exactly the film I want it to be, as my own personal artistic expression. How many people who worked on certain recent theatrical releases can say the same?

No comments: