Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Extras = Body Count ++

It sucks to be an extra in one of my films. Extras don't survive long on the screen. Some barely manage to live through 2 or three shots before meeting their ultimate demise in cruel, amusing, and creative ways. Take this group for example: They don't even get the dignity of fashion before they get put through the meat grinder (note: not an actual meat grinder...)

Actually, these atrociously colored outfits aren't the final color. I haven't quite decided what that will be, though the "color replace" filter in After Effects will let me change the color to whatever I want when I comp the next set of shots. I just needed outfits that weren't red >:D

Extras live a kind of life in limbo, always coming back
in different outfits with different props, only to be
killed off in ever increasingly tormenting ways.

2 comments:

neonskimmer said...

keep rockin it nodelete

speaking of independent movies, my friend and one the guys who's on our label just finished an insane epic movie (2:40!) all shot on digital black & white with an 800$ budget (most of which was transportation)

Affinity Point

Crazy stuff. Fuck the studios! hehe.

-Bruno

nodelete said...

Looks interesting, I'm assuming that's 2 hours and 40 mins, not 2 mins and 40 seconds ;) Yeah you totally don't need to spend money to make movies these days (well, minimal amounts of money)

Does this film have a web site or a production blog? That's totally the way to build an online fanbase.